Re: [IEEE1904.1] Terminology [was Powersaving adhoc CC #2 info]

All,
In my mind I don't see any fundamental differences between each of the 3 sleep modes (dozing, cyclical sleep and deep sleep) except the length of time the ONU is allowed or chooses to sleep.  Yes there is the potential to consider ONU's with active receivers as "dozing" as opposed to cyclical sleep but this can really be a don't care from the OLT's point of view.  We might even want to consider adopting new terms that don't carry any past biases.  Here would be my suggestions:
Tx-Sleep (transmitter sleep) describes a sleep mode where the ONU ceases to transmit for some period of time even though GATE messages are received and REPORT messages are requested by the OLT.
Xvr-Sleep (transceiver sleep) describes a sleep mode where the ONU ceases to transmit and receive for some period of time.
Best Regards,
Duane