From: Jeff Mandin [mailto:Jeff_Mandin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 September 2010 09:57
To: marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx; STDS-P1904-1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [IEEE1904.1] Powersaving adhoc CC #2 info

Marek,

Thanks for your msg.

* The motivations mentioned in the CC for the use of MAC Control include a) MAC Control is intended for realtime control, while eOAM is intended for management, and sleep control seems to belong to the realm of “realtime”  b) MAC Control includes a broadcast channel, whereas eOAM currently does not.  On first CC there was a request to delay the decision on eOAM vs. MAC Control in order to study the matter further.

*  Simplicity is very important as you say.   As Rick has stated, there is at least one situation where the ONU needs to prompt for sleep mode entry (ie. power failure).  I also want to encourage people to look at signaling overhead.

Jeff