[IEEE1904.1] several updates and action items

Dear Colleagues,

Several updates:

1)      Proposed comment responses are posted

Our editors have produces proposed responses for comments submitted against D1.1, which are posted here:

Excel: http://www.ieee1904.org/1/private/contributions/2011_02/siepon_1102_comments_proposed.xls

PDF: http://www.ieee1904.org/1/private/contributions/2011_02/siepon_1102_comments_proposed.pdf

3 editorial comments were reclassified as technical. Our final tally is 380 technical and 145 editorial comments.
Comment break down by type and clause is shown on slide 4 of the Chair’s opening Report (http://www.ieee1904.org/1/private/contributions/2011_02/siepon_1102_opening.pdf)

We should be able to cover all comments at the meeting and not have any carry-over comments for D1.2.

Action required: Please, become familiar with the comments and the proposed responses before the meeting.

2) Resolution of Editorial Comments

To save time, we will try to accept all editorial comments in bulk. Accepting in bulk means that the final responses for these comments will be exactly as editors proposed.  Any full or attaining member of the working group has a right to disagree with the response proposed by an editor. Even a single disagreement is enough to take the comment our of bulk and bring it up for discussion by the WG members. In the end, only those comments will remain in BULK group, for which all WG members agree with the proposed response.

Action required: I would like to ask everyone to review editorial comments and submit to the Chief Editor the numbers of all editorial comments that you would like to be discussed individually. Please, do this before the beginning of the meeting, so that these comments can be discussed in their proper order within each clause. When your requested comment is brought up for discussion, please be ready to provide specific reasons why you disagree with the proposed response.

For your convenience, all editorial comments extracted into a separate pdf: http://www.ieee1904.org/1/private/contributions/2011_02/siepon_1102_comments_proposed_editorial.pdf

3) Updates to the agenda

It was pointed to me that presentations from Yuanling He (Protection for SIEPON) and Chengwei Wang (Power Saving Mechanism for SIEPON Package C), which were submitted as stand-alone proposals, are in reality supplemental files to existing comments. Correspondingly, the agenda was modified to not show these presentations as separate agenda items. Rather their times were rolled into comment resolution times for the respective clauses. Also, since these files were submitted after the comment deadline, they were moved to post-deadline area and the corresponding comments are also treated as post-deadline.

The updated agenda (v0.4) is posted here: http://www.ieee1904.org/1/meeting_info/siepon_1102_agenda.pdf

I wish you all safe and easy travels and looking forward to seeing everyone in Vancouver.

Glen