From: Glen Kramer [mailto:gkramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 5:16 PM
To: STDS-P1904-1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IEEE1904.1] April meeting announcement - ACTION REQUIRED

Dear Colleagues,

IEEE SA has finally signed a contract with the hotel and we are good to go to Prague on April 17-19. Meeting information details are posted at http://www.ieee1904.org/1/meeting_info/siepon_1204_mtg_info.pdf. I will continue to update this file as more information becomes available.

As we discussed at the last meeting, this location presents an exciting opportunity to hold a seminar to introduce SIEPON ecosystem to local operators and equipment manufacturers. IEEE Corporate Advisory Group (CAG) is exploring the possibility to host such one-day event for our group. If CAG succeeds in securing funding for this seminar, we should plan on having this even on Friday, April 20th. When you make hotel reservations, please plan on remaining in Prague all day Friday.

Here is the list of action items in preparation for April meeting:

1)      Reserve hotel, per instructions in http://www.ieee1904.org/1/meeting_info/siepon_1204_mtg_info.pdf. Please, plan to remain in Prague through the Friday, April 20th.

2)      Register for the meeting. Registration form is available at https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=iecs&formId=115292
Please, note that our host, IEEE SA, has signed a contract for a block of rooms for our meeting and is liable for the unused rooms. Therefore two-tier registration fees are established: 300 USD for attendees staying in the Boscolo hotel and 800 USD for attendees staying in alternative hotels.

3)      To help us plan the seminar, please identify what business contacts you have in Europe and who would you like to see invited to this seminar.  Please, let me know the companies and the number of people you plan to invite (but don’t invite anybody until the seminar is officially approved).

I envision this seminar as a promotional even for the SIEPON technology. Every member company will be invited to participate and present, however we will not be talking about market positioning, development status, or differentiating factors of any particular company or any solution. Instead we will focus on technology capabilities, what problems we are solving in SIEPON and how we do it, the completeness of SIEPON ecosystem, including the certification program, and the advantages of developing this certification program at a shared cost.

We are clarifying the details as we go here. Please, ask questions to make sure the event organizers are not overlooking any details

Thank you,

Glen