D0.3, comment #3 resolution

Good morning,

While looking at the resolution of comment #3 we addressed last night, i.e.,

I noticed we adopted a new definition of ONU_CI per slide 7 in tf4_2106_kramer_5.pdf. When implemented, this will create a substantial disparity between ONU_CI and OLT_CI definitions, where OLT_CI definition still makes reference to 802.1/802.3 compliant interfaces, as shown below

We do not need to address it immediately, but it is something to be looked at, at least to remove the unnecessary language.

One more thing I noticed is that the adopted text makes reference to “DPoE2.0”, which does not exist in our list of reference. I believe we should make reference to the “DPoE-SP-MULPI”, where all interfaces are defined. Curtis, Steve – correct me if I am wrong here.

The question on DPoE2.0 also made me look at the reference and oh boy, do we have cleanup to do. Curtis – if you do not mind, please create a new task to get all references reviewed and updated, as needed. I will be happy to take it on and submit a comment against D0.4 once it is published.

Regards

Marek