From: Marek Hajduczenia <mxhajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 2:38 PM
To: Glen Kramer <glen.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Tucker, Ryan R <Ryan.Tucker@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Glen Kramer <000006d1020766de-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-1904-4-TF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [1904.4 TF] Action Item #23

CAUTION: The e-mail below is from an external source. Please exercise caution before opening attachments, clicking links, or following guidance.

As far as 4) is concerned, we already have a way to query such an ONU, just using a separate branch of attributes we already have defined in 1904.1. Otherwise, it would be more natural to just extend 1904.1 existing attributes to support Nx25G-EPON and not create separate attribute branches.

In the case of 2) and 1), I think we report only what the ONU can physically do, i.e., even if the ASIC is 50G capable, the ONU cannot do 50G because it is limited by installed optics. It makes little sense to me to report it can do 50G and all intermediate other rates if the ONU as a whole has no way to participate in the other data channels.

For 3), yes, I believe we should nuke it - I overlooked it

Marek