Re: [EXTERNAL] 1904.4 Consensus call

Ok, let's go to the extreme. Let's say that Marek uses its genius mind to hack his ONU so that - in between bursts - it consumes nothing (nada, zip). Let's also assume that during a burst, the ONU consumes its full 11W.

Cost of polling at  1ms at night: $578K/year for the whole US (with 100% fiber adoption)
Cost of polling at 50ms at night:  $12K/year

Jc