[IEEE1904.1] IMPORTANT: April Meeting Venue Change

Dear Colleagues,

Too many things that can affect our meeting in Kobe are still unknown: people’s ability to travel through Tokyo area, travel disruptions due to power black-outs, situation with power plants.  Also, many companies have issued advisories against travelling to Japan.

I hope that situation will improve soon and that the dangerous issues gets resolved safely.

In the meanwhile, CableLabs graciously offered to host our April meeting on the same dates. The new meeting information has been posted at http://www.ieee1904.org/1/meeting_info/siepon_1104_mtg_info.html.

As additional information becomes available, I will update this page.

We understand that this is unexpected change of plans for most of us. IEEE and CableLabs will be ready to issue invitation letters to people requiring visas to enter US.

I hope that our original host, Sumitomo Electric will not incur significant charges due to last minute cancellation.

The Kobe Porotpia Hotel has requested that those who made reservations already, cancel them online. Please follow these instructions:

>> - Click 'Reservation Top' on the left menu of webpage

>> - Click 'Confirm/Amend/Cancel Reservation'

>> - Enter Confirmation Number and E-mail

Meeting registrations remain the same as they were previously. If you have registered already, you don’t need to register again. If not, the deadline remains March 31st.

Please, let me know if you have more questions.

Thank you,

Glen