[IEEE1904.1] Logistics for October meeting

Dear Colleagues,

Below are some logistical details for the October meeting.

1) Due to recent political situation, many Japanese companies have restricted travel for their employees to China. This is unfortunate and I hope the situation improves quickly.  With anticipation that the travel to China for our Japanese colleagues will become possible soon, the meeting hosts have agreed to remove the post-deadline registration fees.  If you have not registered yet, you may register at the initial level of 250 USD any time before the start of the meeting.

2) If the situation does not improve soon and we don't have at least some of the Japanese colleagues at the meeting, it may happen that we don't get a quorum. Per our P&P, the quorum is defined as at least one-half of the Working Group voting members. If we don't have a quorum, we will resolve the comments at the meeting among the members present. Then on Thursday, October 25, we will have a conference call to review and approve all proposed comment resolutions and have a motion to create the next draft and conduct the recirculation. Please, note that the conference call will take place ONLY if we don't get quorum at the meeting.  Whether we have quorum or not and call logistics, if needed, will be announced on Tuesday, October 23rd.

3) The number of comments submitted against D3.0 was not as high as I expected. Given that and also the fact that due to possible reduced attendance the hosts may be liable for under-occupancy penalties, I decided that we won't have meeting Friday afternoon and the hosts may release the meeting room. We still will have our planned social event on Friday morning.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thank you,
Glen Kramer
Chair, IEEE P1904.1 Working Group (www.ieee1904.org/1)
glen.kramer@xxxxxxxx