[1904.2 TF] UMT Discovery protocol

Dear Colleagues,

At the last meeting, we have discussed the initial version of the UMT discovery protocol (v1) and produced an updated version (v2) as a result of this discussion (see http://www.ieee1904.org/2/meeting_archive/2014/12/tf2_1412_kramer_3.pdf )

Attached here is version 3 (which is just a cleaned up version 2) with some additional questions that need to be clarified.

Also, at the last meeting, I took an action item to “show a protocol diagram simplified for EPoC”.

The simplification would come from the fact that the Client-Side End Point (CSEP) and the management client are part of the same device (CNU or FCU), and the Server-Side End Point (SSEP) and UMT Domain Controller are part of the OLT.

The second page of the attached document shows this simplified EPOC use case.

Please, review and let us further discuss on the reflector.

Glen