Action Item #36 follow up

Good morning, colleagues

Following up on the discussion we had yesterday about Action Item #36, i.e., "Not clear what specific difference this attribute makes at the ONU. Can it be set in conflict with aPhyType (0x07/0x00-20)? The attribute purpose and function need to be clarified.", I would like to propose what follows:

  • Retire the aMediaType attribute (14.4.11.3) as it is defined right now
  • Modify the newly adopted attribute aMediaTypeUsed (0xDB/0x00-17) as follows
    • Convert it into R/W type
    • On read, it acts as defined in tf4_2108_hajduczenia_05.pdf we examined yesterday
    • On write, it sets the target media type on the given service port, achieving the same goal as the aMediaType attribute (14.4.11.3)

I feel this is the simplest way to make this work without going through revisions to architecture for no good reason. Attached is the Word version of tf4_2108_hajduczenia_05.pdf with updates:

  • To accommodate modified behavior of the attribute aMediaTypeUsed (0xDB/0x00-17)
  • Leaf number fixes
  • Extra media types proposed yesterday by Ryan

Regards

Marek