Re: [1904-ANWG] PAR Modification for IEEE 1904.2

Based on the discussion, I plan to submit to the meeting this week the following text as the scope for the PAR modification:

This standard describes a management channel for devices used in Ethernet-based subscriber access networks. The key characteristics of the specified management channel are:

-       The ability to transit MAC bridges in a single IEEE 802 MAC domain to allow remote management of devices.

-       Extensibility to accommodate new management protocols and new types of devices.

-       The ability to simultaneously send messages to multiple UMT stations using broadcast or multicast addressing.

The standard describes the message format as well as processing operations at the stations participating in the UMT protocol.

Additional comments are welcome, of course.

—kan—