Re: [1904-ANWG] draft of 1904 ANWG liaison response to BBF Liaision on YANG models

I assume BBF YANG models are more related to the services, not the underlying technology? Or, is that a bad assumption?

From: Kevin A Noll <ieee.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:00 PM
To: STDS-1904-WG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [1904-ANWG] draft of 1904 ANWG liaison response to BBF Liaision on YANG models

1. The BBF has not started a model for EPON.

2. BBF has very specific models for network architecture and service architecture. These models do not always reflect the wider industry. Their YANG modules reflect this and I think it would be beneficial to have models that can be used by a wider audience.

3. I do not regularly attend ITU-T meetings, so do not have the latest info, but I am unaware of any YANG models that ITU-T has created for PON.

4. BBF is not an SDO

5. I actually see this as an opportunity for the BBF and IEEE 1904 to work together.

—kan—