Re: [1904-ANWG] P1904.3 PAR

If YANG is not within the scope, I agree – the level effort is limited to extending current OAM for Packet A to support new Nx25G-EPON system capability.

YANG will be more complicated. I do have some experience and we should likely start by extending the model for EPON in IEEE Std 802.3.2, but it will need to be tested and validated, something that will require more than one set of eyes. I do not know if we have any skill set in the target group of people to do just that. I’d hate to be the only one validating my own work.

Marek

From: Glen Kramer <glen.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 5:06 PM
To: mxhajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx; STDS-1904-WG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [1904-ANWG] P1904.3 PAR

Marek,

I think that because we are not starting from scratch, but can use the 1904.1 as a base, it will be doable with this deadline. But I didn’t think about including YANG models, so you may be right too.

The YANG discussion at the meeting was inconclusive. If through later discussions, the WG decides that we want to specify YANG models, maybe it should be a separate project. This way, it can target all EPON flavors, not just 25G and 50G-EPON.

-Glen